Sunday 12 January 2014

Sting's first Bimble - an easy 30km

Saturday was quite a nice day so I couldn't resist taking Sting out for a proper ride. I chose a simple little loop (approx. 30km), mostly on country roads, which would give me plenty of time to get to know my new S6L (named Sting).

I was certainly impressed - the range of gears (I got up one or two nasty hills that my road bike would normally struggle with), comfort of the ride and acceleration all in such a small neat package.

My new Mavic MTB leisure shoes worked perfectly with the clip-in Shimano XT pedals. I had tightened the tension a little and moved the cleats marginally forward so as to ensure the back of my heel didn't ever hit the easy-wheels on the bike. As they are leisure shoes they will be better to walk in when I stop for coffee or travel on the train with Sting.

New Mavic MTB shoes with Shimano cleats

The Sussex countryside - a lovely day for a ride
So another 30km in the bank. I have a muddy MTB ride planned next on the South Downs (Sting will stay at home in the dry). Hope to get in a commute next week (nearly 60km round trip) and try out Sting with some lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment