Wednesday 8 January 2014

Sting is alive - the adventure begins

Yesterday I received the news I was waiting for...

Those nice men at Evans Cycles in Brighton called me to confirm my new yellow and black S6L Brompton had been delivered to the store and was ready to be picked up.

So what to name my new B(ee)? I needed something punchy and my first thought was Hornet. Batman was on my list (black and yellow logo) but hardly a good name for a bike - possibly 'Batbike'. Someone mentioned Sunflower, but that is simply too girly. Then I thought of a bee or hornet's sting - this sounded much more me and relevant for a racey set-up, like the S6L.

So 'Sting' it is - yellow and black attack!

Sting - yellow and black attack

Kojak tyres and firm suspension - race feel

Couldn't resist the smart 'S-type' bag

First upgrade - switched pedals to Shimano XT
Sting now needs its first ride - hopefully that will be sorted today!

No comments:

Post a Comment