Sunday 8 December 2013

B-spoke order - cannot wait for delivery

So what have I ordered?

Well here is the little folding beauty ...

B-spoke order - awaiting delivery
I went for a S6L in yellow and black (like a bee), standard length seatpost, Brompton saddle, Kojak tyres (slicker and lighter than standard tyres), firm suspension and a S-bag and front carrier mount.

The 'S' stands for a straight handlebar and the 'L' for mudflaps with no rack. You might have also guessed it has 6 gears, which should help on those hills that are so hard to avoid around the Sussex countryside.

I have gone for the standard steel build. There is a titanium option (rear triangle and forks, not full frame) but it adds another £500 to the cost and saves a bit of weight. My build comes in at 11.4kg without luggage, which is quite a bit heavier than my carbon race bike, however I hope this little baby lasts a lot longer.

The S-bag is a slighter smaller bag than some of the other available options but is the recommended choice for the lower 'S' handlebar (provides full clearance). It is mounted to the frame (via a front carrier block) rather than the handlebars or fork, so there is no adverse effect on the handling of the bike.

I will cover why I chose this combination in a future post.

Hope you come back to read more ...


No comments:

Post a Comment