Tuesday 3 December 2013

My new blog - what's it all about

Another blog - what's this one all about ...

I recently borrowed a Brompton folding bike for the day and loved it. Since then I have been researching the company, brand, bike options, and following a number of Brompton riders that seem to have some really great adventures.

That was my first impression of these classic machines - I certainly felt I was on a bit of an adventure and the positive experience left me wanting more.

For those that have followed my other blogs:

- Journey to Ironman Austria
- Tri Hard Training

You would know that my focus has been on triathlon training and enjoying a multi-sport discipline. My interest for the great sport of triathlon has not waned, however I am looking for other experiences and keen to explore the truly exceptional flexibility and portability of the Brompton bicycle - living the folding dream ...

I should say at this point that have I have not got a Brompton bike yet, although a B-spoke order has been placed for a smart looking yellow and black S6L. The colour may give you a clue for why I titled the blog 'Bee-Brompton'.

Over the coming weeks and future posts there are a number of objectives I have for this blog:

- Why Brompton?
- What is my personal Brompton specification and why?
- Planned adventures
- My story
- Meeting other riders
- Fitness
- Life balance
- Possible upgrades
- How to try a Brompton out?
- Special places and my preferred coffee stops
- Brompton World Championships

Hopefully if I am able to secure a few followers they might let me know what they would also like me to include in future posts.

Lots to cover and lots of ideas - I hope you will join me in my new journey and 'Bee-Brompton'


No comments:

Post a Comment