Sunday 15 December 2013

My other bikes and love of cycling

I love my bikes ...

Up to last week my collection was as follows:

  • Ribble Gran Fondo carbon road bike with Campagnolo Veloce gearset
  • Omega (now Enigma brand) Stealth titanium TT / triathlon bike with carbon aero bars and Campagnolo Record gearset and Fulcrum race wheels
  • Ellsworth Epiphany full-suspension mountain bike with XTR gearset and tubeless XTR wheels
  • Speclailized Langster singlespeed / fixed-wheel aluminium race bike
Carbon race bike - Ribble Gran Fondo

Omega Stealth TT bike with carbon aero bars (borrowed wheels)

My dirty Ellsworth Epiphany after a ride on the Downs

My singlespeed machine - recently sold (bitter sweet feeling)
Yesterday, I sold my trusty Specialized singlespeed bike to make space (and provide some funds) for the new Brompton S6L. To be honest although I loved the Specialized bike it wasn't as well used as my carbon road bike, which I would prefer to use for my commute.  

During the winter months my TT bike goes into hibernation. My Ellsworth Epiphany comes into its own and given I live very close to the South Downs I have some great riding within 10 mins of my front door.

This morning I was out on the Downs on a cold windy and wet day. It was a muddy affair but still great fun. Only just over 2 hours in the saddle and probably another hour cleaning the bike (and me) afterwards.

I see the Brompton S6L as a multi-purpose addition for commuting, flexible use when travelling (UK and abroad), some easy riding and longer distance adventures.

The new beauty - my S6L (on delivery for Jan 2014)
I enjoyed seeing details of the London Brompton Club's recent Christmas ride, which I hope to be a part of in future years. The idea of the Brompton World Championship also appeals. Hopefully my Ironman training will keep me fit enough to compete at a relatively decent level.

In future posts I will tell you a little more about my love of cycling and my triathlon exploits (covered more in my other blog Tri Hard Training).

Until then, 'keep the rubber side down', my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment