Wednesday 11 December 2013

Folding power would have been handy today

This morning I wished I had my Brompton ...

I had to take my daughter's car for a MOT at the Toyota garage in Peacehaven and spent a good 10-15 mins taking the wheels off my road bike last night and packing it neatly into her small Aygo. I re-assembled the bike when I dropped the car off this morning (to be honest it didn't take me too long but definitely longer than un-folding a Brompton!)

It was only a short commute into Brighton where I work - about 11km. I headed for the undercliff pass, one of my favourite local routes - I had to stop for a couple of pictures as it was such a beautiful morning.

Morning Brighton

Undercliff pass

Later today I will be doing the return journey to pick up the car (hopefully it passes its MOT without any major issues). My road bike will be again packed in the boot (with the back seats down) but because of its size will be quite visible when I stop for some shopping on the way home. Again the beauty of the folding Brompton - it will easily fit in the boot of even a small car, all secure and out of sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment